Saturday, July 17, 2010

DIY "Silhouett-ish" Art

I have been working on hard on my "soon-to-be-6" year old's room. She wanted a "big girl" room, but she wanted a Fancy Nancy room. Hmmmm. So I decided to do a "sophisticated" Fancy Nancy room. I started with this D-I-Y Eiffel Tower Silhouette that was super easy, very quick, and really cheap to do! I headed to Hobby Lobby and purchased a large canvas that was half-off. I painted it my base color (aqua blue).
I applied the Eiffel Tower vinyl decal (also half price at HL) on top of the dried base-coat paint.

Then I painted the entire surface pink.




After the paint dried, I removed the vinyl decal and...tah dah.....




Ooh la la!!
Sunshine likes it because it reminds her of Fancy Nancy and I like it because it was easy, quick, and cheap! Stay tuned for more projects from her room!


I'm linking to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch, Making the World Cuter, Keeping It Simple , Under the Table and Dreaming, I Heart Naptime
On Tuesday, I'm linking to Toot Your Horn Tuesday and All Things Related, Take a Look Tuesday
On Wednesday, I'm linking to Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family, The Thrify Home, Gettin Crafty on Hump Day, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts.
On Friday, I'm linking to Frugal Fridays at The Shabby Nest.

16 comments:

  1. That looks adorable! I was just looking at that stencil myself...didn't think of doing that with it! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so great!! i love it, thanks for sharing!

    -Jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So simple and sweet! So clever using the stencil. Fantastic job. Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very very cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tiffany, Just wanted to let you know I featured your wall art today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly apprecite it! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so pretty. I bet she was thrilled when she saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I did something so similar... I did a London Bridge silhouette on a turquoise background canvas. I LOVE how cute this will be for your daughter's room! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooooooo cute!!!! Thanks for linking up at gettin' crafty on hump day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I am featuring it on crazydomestic.com on 10/26. Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. you can try here a2d14g8c13 louis vuitton replica replica bags aaa quality d7d55e5w40 link n5t60y3b55 buy replica bags replica bags sydney r4b93x0z60 replica bags hermes fake hermes t5y62r1p66 replica bags philippines

    ReplyDelete