Monday, December 7, 2009

Reindeer Moonpie

Hi Friends! I'm sooooo sorry that it has been so long since I've posted! I just haven't had a whole lot of time to blog, but I've got a lot of stuff to show you over the next few days.

We're making these Reindeer Moon pies for all of the kids in my daughter's kindergarten class. I thought they turned out pretty cute and they were super EZ to make!

If you are "Room Mom of the Year", you could do these as a craft during their Christmas party!

I buy my MoonPies from the Cracker Barrel. If you don't have a Cracker Barrel in your town, just drive a little further. You're bound to come across one in just a few miles. :)

You'll also need some Nilla Wafers that you will "glue" to the MoonPie with regular white icing (Betty Crocker, in the tub container).

I used these Atomic Fire Bombs from Cracker Barrel for Rudolph's nose. But you could also use a red gumball or even an M & M (although I think that the bigger nose it what makes it so cute).







Once you've assembled the face with the Nilla wafers, red nose, and M & Ms for eyes, you can serve it "as is", or you can put it on a lollipop stick. I think they're a little cuter on a stick.


For the "antlers", I used Kroger brand pretzel twist. I simply broke off the top portion so that they were no longer connected. They don't have to be perfect and the pair of antlers don't even have to match. It's kind of hard to break them off with your fingers, so if you are doing these for your own family, just bite them off! It's much easier!




I then wrapped them in cellophane and added a bow.
Helpful hint: Let the icing dry completely before attempting to wrap the MoonPie in cellophane. The nose tends to come off if the icing isn't completely dry.





Enjoy!
Hope you're all having a great holiday season!

I'm linking up to Reinvented, http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcome-to-46th-metamorphosis-monday.htmlBetween Naps on the Porch

9 comments: