Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY EZ Mod Art

In the "Orange and Blue House on Drake", I needed something really fun and unique to hang above the sofa. After scouring Pinterest, I was pinspired to make the piece below. I had only seen others done in one color (mainly gold), but I thought I'd see what it would look like with three or four colors. I love it!
















To make this simple statement piece, I purchased a large canvas (30 x 40) from Hobby Lobby and several different types (glittered, glossy, etc) and several colors of card stock paper. I used my 2 inch circle cutter to cut the card stock, then my eight year old and I started playing around with the placement of the circles. We used a glue gun to glue them in place. Big impact for little $!




































2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've seen these popping up too, but I like how you used the different color circles. Thanks for linking to my party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So sparkly & shiny! I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete