Monday, February 6, 2012

DIY Mod Art

The piece of art above the sofa in this picture was easy, fun, and inexpensive. It adds just the right amount of color and "pop" that I needed for this room!


I purchased a large piece of canvas (30 x 40) from Hobby Lobby, along with several sheets of cardstock scrapbook paper in various colors and textures (glitter, foil, etc). I used my 2 inch circle cutter to cut the cardstock into circles. I used a glue gun to attach the circles to the canvas. There was no method to my madness. In fact, my eight year old daughter helped with the placement of the circles. I've seen similar art like this on pinterest, but this is the first time I've seen it done with more than one color. I was a little nervous, but I couldn't be any happier with the results!!!




Hope this inspires you to be creative and come up with your own version!


I'm linking to Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


1 comment:

  1. Love the art and how genius to use a bar cart as an end table! Love it all! Great room!

    ReplyDelete