Thursday, January 5, 2012

Inexpensive, Easy Art






Where has the time gone?! Lot's of happenings around here that I haven't told you about yet. In fact, the whole reason I haven't been blogging much lately is because of what I haven't even told you yet!! We have been super busy with a fixer-upper that we bought at the end of this past summer. It has been SO MUCH FUN fixing this little house and making her our very own. We won't be living in the house, but we'll be renting it out for Game Day weekends and such. Since we'll be renting it out, we needed to furnish it. That's where the real fun began!! We live in Auburn, Alabama and I decided to have a little fun with this house - I've decorated the entire house orange and blue. I can't wait to show it to you over the course of the next few weeks.

Y'all know by now that I love a good thrift store score and I love some DIY art. One of the blogs that I stalk daily for style inspiration is Simply Seleta. Love her style! She had a great post the other day on an easy DIY art project. Using her tutorial, I made my own art for the "Orange and Blue on Drake" house. Because Auburn fans are Auburn Tigers and their battle cry is "war Eagle", I chose a tiger and an eagle for my silhouette. I thought it turned out great and it was FREE because I used what I had as far as frames and background paper. For the background of the tiger, I tore out the page of the dictionary that had the word "tiger" on it. I think every word on that page began with tiger!











The picture below is an EAGLE (not a crow, as my eleven year old questioned!).






Rather than printing out the image as Seleta suggested, I just enlarged the image on my computer screen and traced it with a piece of typing paper over the image on the screen. I then put my black sheet of paper under the white paper and cut out both images (the white and black) at the same time. Super easy. And pretty cute, too. Can't wait to show you more of this house. Pinterest and blogs have been a HUGE source of inspiration for this house!!







1 comment:

  1. These are so cool! I'm always looking for DIY art ideas and these are perfect. Thanks for linking to my party!

    ReplyDelete